India’s prominent private sector bank ICICI in collaboration with twitter has launched a new service called “ICICIBANKPAY”, which allows it’s customers to transfer money via twitter account.
Customers having their mobile number linked with the savings account can enjoy the service of ICICIBANKPAY and can do various transactions via their twitter handle such as make payments, transfer funds, recharge mobile, check account balances etc.
The best feature of ICICIBANKPAY service is that ICICI bank customer can also send money to a person who does not have a ICICI Savings bank account.
Customers need to first register themselves to use the ICICIBANKPAY service.
How to Register for ICICIBANKPAY (ICICI Twitter Banking)?
1. To register for this service, you need to first follow the ICICI bank’s twitter handle i.e. @ICICIBank.
2. Now, you will have to send a direct message (DM) to @ICICIBank in the following format
#reg<space><registered mobile number with ICICI Bank>
For example: #reg 98290xxxxx
3. As soon as you send the direct message, you will receive the one time password (OTP) on your registered mobile number.
4. Send this OTP in the direct message to the @ICICIBank in the following format
For example: regotp xxxxxx
5. After this, you will be successfully registered with the ICICIBANKPAY service and can now send up to Rs.5,000 per transaction with a ceiling limit of Rs.10,000 per day.
How to Transfer Money via ICICIBANKPAY Service?
1. To initiate the fund transfer, you need to send the direct message to @ICICIBank in the following format
#Pay<space><Receiver’s Twitter account><space><Amount>
For example: #Pay XYZABC12345 5000
2. You will receive a 4 digit passcode from the @ICICIBank in reply. Share this passcode with the receiver.
3. Receiver will also receive a direct message from @ICICIBank about the fund transfer with a link that will take him to a secured page on ICICI Bank’s website.
4. On this page receiver will be asked to provide the 4 digit passcode along with the other details such as name, account number, IFSC code (in case using a different bank) of the bank account where the money is desired to be credited for completing the transaction.
5. Since bank uses NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer) or RTGS (Real Time Gross Settlement) methods for the fund transfers, the customers will be charged with the applicable fees for an NEFT or RTGS transactions.
There are no other charges for this transaction.
How to recharge your Mobile via ICICIBANKPAY Service?
Prepaid Mobile of any operator can be recharged by sending a simple Direct Message in the following format:
#topup<space><10 digit mobile number><space><operator name><space><amount>
For example: #topup <98290xxxxx> <Airtel> <100>
How to check your account balance via ICICIBANKPAY Service?
Checking your account balance is a piece of cake, you need to simple send a direct message #ibal to @ICICIBank.
How to view your last 3 transactions via ICICIBANKPAY Service?
The last transaction which can be done with ICICIBANKPAY service is to view of last 3 transactions.
Just send a direct message #itran to @ICICIBank.
Finally, to seek clarification on the service, customers can send direct message #Help to @ICICIBank
Have you registered yourself with ICICIBANKPAY, if yes than do share your experience here.